Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The June Update...

Y'all- it is HOT, HOT, HOT here in Houston. The kind of hot that makes you want to spend all day in your swim suit- so we have done a lot of that around here this month!


We have gotten several water related toys for our backyard this summer- so fun:). Gotta love a cheap pool from Walmart- what kid did not have at least one of these pools growing up!?


We were gifted with a fun bug themed sprinkler system- Cora LOVES it- she is such a water baby. And I am not going to lie- I love it!


And what else do you need on HOT summer days- I yummy popsicle of course. Above is Cora enjoying her first banana pop.


We enjoyed time with friends at the Children's Museum earlier in the month. It was fun and the best part: it was inside:).


We had our week long VBS the first full week school was out. It was fun and tiring. I was in charge of all the decor. I think it turned out pretty awesome when it was all said and done. I love a good camping theme- easy and cute.  


We had between 17-25 kids each night. It was the perfect amount. We fed the children dinner before hand then they cycled through crafts, bible story time, and music throughout the evening. 


How precious it was to wash the kiddos feet one night. Over all it went very soothly and we got to serve a lot of kids in our neighborhood. I hope every child gets to experience some kids of camp and/or VBS growing up. I think it is so important, I have good memories from both.


Y'all- my baby is SOOOOO blonde! We are about as opposite as you can get in hair color and she looks just like her Daddy (although she does have my eye shape). But I think she has got a lot of my personality. She is independent, out going, loves to read, talky, and is hard headed when she wants her way:). I am truly fascinated with watching her personality develop. 


June 7th we got to celebrate this lovely lady at El Mason. What a treat! Great wine, yummy tapas, fabulous paella, and great tres leche dessert. Thanks for having a birthday, Sara!!


June was also Cora's good buddy Maggie's birthday. We all celebrated with a gymnastics party. Cora was so brave on the trampolines and form pit. This child has no fear- none!


Party favor and cupcakes- Cora was happier then the above picture lets on:). 


We have not had much rain this month, but the times it has rained and cooled off the land it has been fabulous. Again, water plus Cora equals love.


We celebrated Father's Day a day early due to Steve leaving for camp on that Sunday (oh, the life of a youth minister's wife). We treated our favorite Daddy to yogurt and gifts. I think he felt special and Cora loved helping him with his gifts.


While Steve was at camp Cora and I made a trip to Dallas. I spent the night with my good friend Jenny in Plano. Her parent's house was perfect for a short stay with lots of kids. We ate good food, had good time in the pool, and of course talked and talked and talked. I love this friend!


Plus watching our kids play together is so precious and makes me want to cry. I love the life long friends on my life.


The rest of the week was spent at a Logotherapy conference with my good friend Molly. I got a good number of CEU's and learned a lot while I was at it. One side note- we ate at a restaurant called Whiskey Cake while we were in the area. Maybe the best place I have ever eaten. That's a big statement. If you are in the Plano area is totally worth your time and money.


I enjoy this conference because I get to meet people from all over the world. Above I am pictured with two Holocaust survivors. Such a rich, special time with like minded people who all have a love for helping people by using logotherapy.


Cora stayed with Steve's parents while I was at the conference. When we got back on Monday we went straighter for her 18 month appointment. Cora checked out healthy on all accounts and only had to get one shot. She still weighs on the small side and measures tall:). She is a petite little thing right now- I am soaking up all the baby in this girl that I can right now. Each day she looks more and more like a little girl...


The last day of June was spent at our church ice-cream social- as you can see Cora enjoyed every bit of her peach ice-cream with a chocolate brownie of course. 


A few other random June tid-bits: Steve and I tried Top Golf for the first time a couple weeks back- so.much.fun! I had given Steve a gift card for Christmas- we are just getting around to using it. I can't wait to go back. 


I also got to give blood this month. First time I have been able to give in the last 6 years due to traveling out of the country, a couple tattoos, and having a baby. It felt good to be back. Hope I can make it a habit again. 


So there you have it- June in a couple snap shots. If June was full (and it was) then July is going to be busting at the seams. Summer 2013 is shaping up to be full, fun, and HOT!

1 comment:

Jamie Thompson said...

Your baby is almost white, not blond :) I love it. Whiskey Cake is one of our favs too- yummy!